CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Courage and the Wizard of OZ

Dear Parents,
As you know our Character Virtue this month is Courage.  Mrs. Davis our counselor is presenting a lesson to my class this week using the "Wizard of Oz" as a connection to this virtue. I asked my class how many of them had ever read the book or watched the movie version of this classic.  To my surprise less than half had heard of this story. I have decided to show the movie on our last day of school before the Thanksgiving break as a follow up to their learning as well as a much deserved reward for all the A.R. reading they have been doing to earn special classroom events.


Courage to continue trying in difficult situations...


Courage to face your fears.....


You have the courage within.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment